The fifth chakra is located in the throat and is the seat of our ability to communicate, verbally and non-verbally. A healthy fifth chakra allows us to speak our truth, communicating our thoughts with ease and comfort. If this chakra is clogged with foreign energy, you may find it hard to express your thoughts clearly and fully. The following throat clearing exercise will allow you to clearly communicate your needs, speak your truth, and fully express your thoughts and feelings.
Exercise: Clearing Your Throat Energy
1. Start by getting into a comfortable sitting position. Have your feet flat on the floor. Turn away from your computer, make sure your phone is off and that you are free from outside distractions. Close your eyes, sit quietly, and notice your breath going in and out of your nose. Being fully aware of your breath, breathe slowly and steadily for a few minutes. Notice how you relax more and more with each breath.
2. Now, bring your awareness to your throat. Notice whether your throat feels scratchy, tight, and sore. Maybe it feels as if you have something stuck in the back of your throat.
3. Imagine a soap bubble out in front of you. This soap bubble represents your fifth chakra. Ask yourself whether there something you have wanted to say to someone in your life, but you have not been able to find the right words. Maybe those words are stuck in the back of your throat, just itching to come out.
4. Relax your jaw and open your mouth wide, as if you were yawning. Imagine the words coming out of your mouth in a stream of colors.
5. Watch the colors as they leave your body and enter the soap bubble. Notice what colors are streaming from your throat. Feel the emotions attached to the words that you have wanted to say. Ask those emotions to leave your body and enter the soap bubble. With your mouth still open, expel the final stuck energies from your throat and watch as the soap bubble fills up with the energies of what you could not say.
6. Breathe in through the nose and visualize your breath like the wind blowing out the last of the debris from the back of your throat, straight out through the front of your throat, and into the soap bubble.
7. Now, blow up the bubble and watch as all that energy disappears into the ether. Feel yourself relaxed and at peace.
When you are ready, open your eyes and take a deep breath. Come out of meditation.
If you found this helpful, please feel free to share your thoughts below.