Our inner critic’s voice is a mixture of all the foreign energy (the “shoulds,” expectations, judgments, and criticisms) we’ve accepted as our own truth. By cleaning these energies out of our space, we make room for our own Spirit’s voice to be heard. Some of this foreign energy is leaving via our grounding cord, some of it is removed by tapping on our meridian points, and some of it we can call out of our body and explode into tiny bits of energetic dust. Follow along as I demonstrate how to blow up a rose.
Exercise: Blowing Roses
1. Close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths. Imagine a rose floating in front of your closed eyes. It can be any color, any shape, and any size. In fact, if you don’t like roses, then pick another flower or any symbol that feels comfortable to you.
2. Next, visualize a giant magnet in the middle of this rose.
3. Recall one of the phrases on your name web that is no longer true for you. Perhaps it was something like, “I am so stupid,” and you remember a certain subject in school that never made sense to you.
4. Acknowledge that the story, “I’m so stupid,” is false. You may not have understood the subject matter of a certain class, but that doesn’t make you stupid.
5. Ask the magnet in your rose to pull your story toward it. Watch as each piece of your story leaves your body and moves away from you and into the rose. Watch the streams of color as they leave your heart, your throat, and your mind. Watch as the colors move into the rose. See how the rose grows bigger and bigger as the story sticks to the magnet. Feel yourself growing lighter and lighter as all this excess baggage leaves your energy field.
6. When the magnet has removed as much of your negative story or self-talk as you can, then blow up that rose. Watch it disintegrate and feel the story disintegrate too.
7. Now that you’ve removed some foreign energy, you’ll want to fill in the gaps with energies that are in alignment with who you are right now. To do this, visualize a Golden Sun above your head. Ask for this Golden Sun to fill in with all your own life force that you’ve left scattered in past or future events. Visualize bits of energy filling up this Golden Sun. Next, add some self-validation, worthiness, peace, or whatever energy feels good to you at this moment. Let those energies infuse the Golden Sun, and watch it grow in size. When you’re ready, pop the Golden Sun and feel all those warm, validating energies flood into the crown of your head and then cascade throughout your body.
8. Sit with all this wonderful energy for a moment, and then come out of meditation.
You may have noticed that the energy coming into the rose was full of color. All energy (including thoughts and feelings) is continually vibrating and assumes the color belonging to that specific rate of vibration. Different energies vibrate at different rates.
Anger, frustration and resistance vibrate at a lower rate than joy, peace or love. You might be “feeling blue” or “seeing red” which are on the lower end of the vibration spectrum. On the other hand you might see joy as a sunny yellow or love as a soft pink, and you might feel those energies vibrating at a higher rate.
Part of the work we will do in healing your inner critic is ferreting out some of the lower vibrational energies, replacing them with higher vibrations more in alignment with your Spirit. Begin to notice what the energy of peace looks like to you. Maybe it is soft pink, or pale sea-foam green. Check out the color of worthiness. Maybe you see a pale yellow or a light fleck of color reminiscent of a rainbow. Each person interprets this marriage of color to emotion differently, so begin to understand your color palette of emotions and their corresponding energies.
As you move out the lower vibrational energies by blowing up a rose, tapping, or sending the energy down your grounding cord, you defuse the power of a story you’ve been telling yourself. You replace the negative internal dialogue with energies that are more current, more who-you-really-are.
So blow up some roses. Stomp on some negative self-talk. Tap on a story that no longer holds your truth. Spend some time clearing out the negatives that no longer work for you. Nurture yourself.