What do the chakras have to do with prosperity? Everything!
We create our life on the energetic level first. We think a thought, we have a feeling, and then we develop a belief. Only after all this energetic work has happened do we actually bring that belief into reality. If a chakra is blocked, then our ability to manifest is also blocked. Prosperity is from the Latin word prosperitas, and means ‘doing well’. It is the state of thriving and having success. It often denotes being secure, safe and wealthy, both in money and opportunities. Bringing all seven chakras into a harmonic allows us to experience a heightened sense of comfort and ease – we are doing well – and we are prosperous.
As we clear each of the seven body chakras and bring them into harmony, we are syncing up our bodily needs (first chakra) with our emotions (second chakra), adding our internal fire (third chakra) and bringing it all in affinity with our fourth chakra, the seat of our self-worth. We then add our ability to stand in and communicate our truth (fifth chakra) with our soul’s desires (our sixth chakra), and align it all with Source, represented by the seventh chakra, we manifest a world of inner peace, joy and prosperity.
Let’s dive in to one of my favorite chakras, the sixth. Often called the third eye, the sixth chakra is located right above our eyebrows. From here we intuitively see the world around us. If our sixth chakra is healthy and free of other peoples’ energies, then we see the world as it is, without judgment. Opening up the sixth chakra and cleaning out all the thoughts and feelings of others, allows us to see our world as it truly is, connecting to our sixth sense – our ability to communicate with our soul – and bypassing all the judgments and should energy of the world around us.
I believe that we all have the ability to use our intuition to sense or intuit, that which we cannot see with our eyes. Being in touch with this innate ability is something that we in the West have dismissed as woo-woo crazy. I think it’s time to rethink this. In this post from November 2013, I discussed how to use creative visualization to open up our psychic abilities. Much of the work I teach through blog posts and in my book is about opening up our ability to see the unseen.
Often called the “third eye,” the sixth chakra is located right above your eyebrows. Seeing the world through our third eye allows us to experience a sixth sense, a way of sensing the energies of the thoughts and feeling of those people in our life. In most cases, young children have wide open sixth chakras. Over time, their parents and society in general, may invalidate these sixth sense experiences, causing a fog of uncertainty to descend over this energy center. But what can be shut can also be opened!
I believe that when we close our eyes and imagine or visualize we’re actually using our inner sight, our clairvoyance. We are actually activating our sixth chakra. When you utilize your imagination in the following exercise you’re not creating a fairy-tale, made-up experience. As you picture your grounding cord or imagine all your own energies zooming back into a Golden Sun, you are creating the experience of being grounded to the earth with your scattered energies flowing into your body on the energetic level. This is actually happening, we just can’t see it with our physical eyes. As we sit in meditation and let go of the need to see with our physical eyes, we tune in to our inner world of knowingness, our Spirit, our connection to the Divine.
One of the first steps in any meditation is getting yourself centered and present. Being centered means to be in present time, right here, right now; you’re not thinking of what happened in the past or about tomorrow’s to-do list. When you’re scattered, you’re less potent and unable to bring your full potential to the task at hand. So centering becomes a practice of mindfulness, being fully present, with all your thoughts and feelings in one place, a place of stillness.
This place of stillness is the home of our Spirit. Some call it the Seat of the Soul, and it’s located in the middle of our sixth chakra, our seat of intuition.
Exercise: Opening Your Sixth Chakra
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your feet flat on the floor. Close your eyes and breathe – in and out, in and out. Focus on relaxing your body and being fully present. Allow thoughts of future events and past conversations to melt away. Breathe in and ground to the center of the earth. Breathe out and sink a little bit deeper into your chair. Breathe in and imagine bringing all of your focus to the center of your head. Between your ears, behind your eyes, is the sixth chakra, the seat of your clairvoyance. With each inhale bring more of your energy into the center of your head. With each exhale feel yourself sink a little deeper in your chair as your grounding cord connects you to Mother Earth.
- Now, imagine a soap bubble out in front of your closed eyes. Ask this soap bubble to fill in with the colors representing YOU, right now, at this particular moment. Imagine the bubble filled with color. If you can’t see it clearly, don’t worry, just imagine what it would be like, if you could see it. That’s the key to developing your psychic abilities; at the beginning, just relax and allow your imagination to flow. At the beginning it might be more a sense of knowing. Relax and just go with it.
- Now “read” the bubble. What do those colors mean to you? Are they flowing around or are they static? Are they “angry” colors, or “calm” colors? Each person interprets the colors in a different way. There is no right or wrong answer; just your answer for YOU. That’s it.
- Now interpret what you see. If you see a color that looks angry, check to see if you have some angry thoughts running through your head – even in the back of your head. If you see or feel a color that looks like joy, then think about whether you are feeling some joy. If you sense frustration or effort, then ask for that energy to show up in your bubble as a certain color. Oftentimes when I ask a question like that I’ll see or sense a certain area of the soap bubble lighting up. It’s almost like the bubble is saying, “Hey, check it out over here! Here’s the information you asked to see.”
- Just look and see and imagine. Have some fun and try to relax. Just ask your intuition to show you what you need to know. That’s it.
- When you are ready, open your eyes and come out of meditation.
Each person sees colors differently. So go within and look at your soap bubble and begin to understand your world. (You’re doing it! You really just experienced being psychic!)