This past month I’ve celebrated the release of my book, Tame Your Inner Critic Find Peace & Contentment to Live Your Life On Purpose by sharing some excerpts with you. I’ve particularly chosen excerpts that focus on relationships –the relationship we have with ourselves, and the relationships we have with our closest friends and family members. I’d like to end with this – finding a way to love ourselves as much as we love others.
Our challenge is to be our authentic self. Always. Taming our inner critic allows us to stand in our own truth instead of listening to the judgments, criticisms, and thoughts of others that keep us small. Our task is to rise about the pettiness of who said what to whom and how they made us feel. Our task is to shine bright amidst the arrows of energetic whacks and jealous outbursts of others. As we do so, we offer others a model of how it might be. Just think what the world would be like if we all manifested the splendor of shining bright as we stand in our own brilliance!
Meditation:Looking Through the Mirror of Love
- Sit in silence for a moment. Be in the center of your head. Be grounded, with your feet flat on the floor, with your protection bubble surrounding your aura. Ask for some earth energy to come up through your legs, enter the first chakra and waterfall out the back, returning to the earth. Feel your feet solidly planted on the floor. Intend for some cosmic energy to enter the back of your seventh chakra. Feel it slide down your back and mix with the earth energy in your first chakra. Imagine this mixture coming up the front of your body and spouting out the top of your head and swirling around your aura. Intend for these neutral energies to connect you to the earth and the cosmos.
- Sit in this space of peace for a moment.
- Imagine a world in which you are brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous. See it. Feel it.
- Visualize a soap bubble in front of you, and imagine that bubble filling with all your brilliance. Imagine what your world would look like if you were BIG. See it. Feel it. Be it. Add some colors to your bubble. Colors that represent being fabulous, being brilliant, being full of love for ourselves and others.
- Make your bubble bigger. Allow all those fantastic colors and feelings room to move around. See them flowing, moving, oscillating back and forth.
- Ground that bubble and allow all foreign energy, all thoughts of limitation and staying small, to leave that bubble. Know that those thoughts are not yours; they are the expectations of others in your life. Allow all that energy to run down the bubble’s grounding cord.
- Feel yourself full of peace and knowingness. We are all meant to shine bright. To be brilliant reminders of Spirit. Bring some golden light, representing your Highest and Best Self into that bubble.
- When you have the bubble big, brilliant, and full of the right colors and feelings, unground that bubble and bring it into your heart center. Update your personal magnetic template with this image of your Highest and Best Self. Know that you are a child of God, a beautiful brilliant light. Shine bright. Be brilliant. Be BIG.
- When you are ready, come out of meditation knowing that your heart chakra is pulsing with the vibration of you, powerful beyond measure.
If you’ve enjoyed this excerpt from the book, I hope you will consider adding it to your must-read list. And please share this post with a friend or two – think of what this world would be like if we all stood tall in our own glory! Many blessings to you – from my heart to yours.