Does this sound familiar?
“I can’t believe I ate all those Christmas cookies! It’s January and I must, must, must, lose five pounds, right now!”
“OMG, it’s 2015 and I haven’t found my soul-mate! What’s wrong with me?”
“Wow! How did I spend so much money last month? That was stupid! Every year I do the same thing. When am I going to get anything right?
Has your inner critic gotten the upper hand over the holidays? Are you filled with thoughts of should have done, must do now, and what in the world got into me? Are you beating yourself up over some small misadventure?
Oftentimes the holidays are filled with unmet expectations and comparison energy. Family dynamics often make for a stress filled couple of weeks. And then January hits and we wonder why – why we reacted to Uncle Bob’s comment, why we said yes when we really meant no – you get the idea.
Instead, of rehashing all the old wounds and hurts from the past year, let’s start out again – on a different foot, so to speak.
Take a deep breath. Right here, right now.
Stop and breathe.
Allow all the hurts, the unmet desires, the disappointments of 2014 drop away.
Remember that what we think and feel we will be. Our thoughts are really powerful magnets calling back to us energies of the same vibration family. Let’s start 2015 in a state of gratitude for all that went well this past year. The following quick exercise will help you remember what’s important in your life, allowing the rest to drift away.
Exercise: Gratitude Not Attitude
- List the top 3 things you are most grateful for in 2014. Think of those people, events, or opportunities that were game-changers for you.
- Look at them. Are there any themes or patterns? If you had a theme for the year, how did it play out? Were you acting in accordance with what you declared mattered?
Taking this time for reflection helps you to focus on the higher vibrational energies of love, compassion and gratitude. Celebrate and revel in the good.
P.S. I did this exercise yesterday morning myself. (I was in a grumbly mood about the holidays so I sat down and refocused my energies). Here’s my list:
The Top 3 Things I am Most Grateful for in 2014
1. All the wonderful people that are helping me birth my book. From my close family and friends to those that I’ve only recently met – I am filled with gratitude and love for all their help and encouragement.
2. The internet! Isn’t it marvelous to keep in touch with friends through the power of Facebook, Google Chat and Wi-Fi? Love, love, love the “reach out and touch” ability of the 21st century.
3. My close circle of psychic friends. It’s so wonderful to have a group of buddies who are always eager to trade readings. I’m in awe (still!) about how much baggage we can let go of by clearing the energy channels in the body and aura.
My theme this past year has been Community. Here in Hana, back in Colorado, and through the internet, I’m grateful to be surrounded with people who are loving, considerate and willing to help me reach my goals and desires. Thank you one and all from the bottom of my heart!
Now it’s your turn – Comment below or send me your lists (della at dellatemple.com) and I will publish a few on Facebook and Google (minus names and other identifiers of course!)
Gratitude not Attitude – a great way to start the new year.
Thank you, dear reader, for being a part of my life. If this post resonated with you, please share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet helps me reach more people who crave support in being as kind to themselves as they are to others.
So glad you’re here!
Let’s make 2015 a year of Gratitude.