Living a life on purpose is living a life in joy. It is knowing, deep down in the seat of your soul, what brings you joy. As you focus on that which brings you joy—and as you allow yourself to express this joy through your job, your family, and your relationships—you will attract more and more events and circumstances that are in alignment with your purpose.
Instead of focusing on what brings us joy – we often focus on what brings other people joy! Those of us that are nurturers and caregivers are especially vulnerable to giving away our life force, our prana, to our family and friends. It may be very satisfying to give to others, but if we don’t give to ourselves too, then we may find ourselves depleted, tired and unable to fuel our dreams.
Our third chakra located in the solar plexus region is the storehouse of our internal fuel – both physical and spiritual. By using the energy tool of the golden sun to fill ourselves up with life force energy, we then restore our bodies and our souls to full potential, allowing us to give to our friends and ourselves.
Fueling Your Joy: The Golden Sun
- Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor and your eyes closed. Take a couple of deep breaths. Relax and just be.
- Bring all of your awareness into the center of your head. This is your special meditative space. Between your ears, behind your eyes, this is your space. It is for you alone. If you feel that all the thoughts of things to do and places to be start to encroach on this space, just tell those thoughts that you will be with them in a moment or two. Watch them leave your space.
- From this space in the center of your head, start to count each breath. On the inhale count one and on the exhale count two. Inhale again and count three, exhale and count four. That’s all. Inhale and count, exhale and count. Breathe. Count each breath.
- Take a couple of deep breaths. Imagine that your body is surrounded by a cocoon of energy. It stretches out about eighteen inches around you in all directions. Put your arms out to your sides and imagine this bubble of protective energy reaching out from your body to your fingertips. See this bubble all around you; above your head and below your feet. Know that this cocoon of protective energy is your space. You are safe here.
- On each inhale continue to center and on each exhale ground to the earth. Imagine your grounding cord attaching to your hips and dropping to the center of the earth. See this hollow tube of energy reach all the way down through the earth’s crust, attaching solidly into the core of the earth. Feel it draw you deeper in your chair as your body begins to relax.
- Intend for your body to be at peace. Feel your jaw relax, and your shoulders fall away from your ears. Ask for any tension you hold in your body to be released down the grounding cord. Feel yourself sink deeper in your chair as you allow yourself to be at peace.
- Breathe in and center, bringing all your awareness to the center of your head. Breathe out and ground, allowing all tension and tightness to ease.
- Breathe in and center, breathe out and ground. Be in stillness and peace.
- Now imagine a giant Golden Sun above your head. See the sun filled with golden light. Imagine that this sun is about three times the size of your body. Place a giant magnet in this sun and ask this magnet to call back your scattered life force energy. Let all your energy return from your job, from your family and friends. Feel all that energy zoom back into the Golden Sun.
- Imagine the Golden Sun bringing your scattered energies back to a vibration that will be just right for your body.
- Fill this Golden Sun with relaxation, peace, abundance, gentleness, whatever quality would be most beneficial to you today. See those qualities permeate the sun, vibrating in a wonderful harmonic, which will be perfectly attuned to what your physical body needs most right now.
- Pop the Golden Sun and let all your energy and all those qualities flow into your body, filling every cell and membrane. Allow the excess to move from your body out into the space around you.
- Feel yourself refreshed and vibrating at your optimal frequency, enveloped in a cocoon of energies that are just right for you. The world around you can be full of chaos and turmoil, but you, in the center of your aura, filled up with your energy, can be at peace—free from stress and unease.
- Sit in this wonderfully peaceful place of fullness for a moment or two. When you are ready, open your eyes. As you come out of meditation, intend for this stillness, this sense of peace and knowingness to carry forward with you into your day.
Every day I remind myself that I am in charge of my body and my Spirit. I can give to others without depleting my life force energy. Using the golden sun has helped me power my dreams and passions as I also nurture the people that I love.
Thanks for reading, and if this post resonated with you, please share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet helps me reach more people who crave support in living a life full of joy and inner peace. If you want to learn more about chakras, joy and inner peace, you might be interested in Tame Your Inner Critic, Find Peace & Contentment to Live Your Life on Purpose.