This month we are looking at the way our chakras affect our physical and emotional well-being. Chakras are wheels of energy that connect our physical body with our energy body. If any one of the seven major chakras is out of alignment, then the energetic system cannot function at optimum levels. This affects our ability to sustain those sought after feelings of well-being and internal peace.
Our second chakra, located in the lower abdomen is the seat of our emotions. Often this chakra is full of societal rules about how we are to behave. We are often told to “be nice” and express only those emotions that are socially acceptable. As a result, we’ve stuffed some of the not so nice, not socially acceptable, feelings deep within our second chakra. Often this stuffing results in a feeling of being trapped, unable to express our true desires. We play the role of victim shifting the responsibility to “society” or “they” instead of ourselves. We let the “I can’t” energies of our inner critic take center stage, as we repeatedly state that it’s not our fault because “they” set the rules. “They” are in charge, not us.
We know this is absurd. We know that as we think and feel we will be. We know that we are responsible for our feelings, but we are stuck in the muck of victim-hood.
When this happens to me, I realize that I have foreign energy (the shoulds, the judgments, the criticisms of others) in my space. As soon as I realize that I’m full of victim energy, I use my energy tools to remove this foreign energy from my space.
My tool of choice is Blowing Up A Rose. It’s a simple tool, one I can do anytime, anywhere and it really works.
From Victim to Joy: Blowing Up A Rose
1. Sit in a quiet place with your eyes closed. Begin by centering and grounding. On each inhale of your breath, bring more and more awareness to the center of your head. That space in the middle of your third eye is your personal sanctuary, a place of peace and stillness. On each exhale ground to the earth by imagining a cord of energy connecting your body to the center of the planet.
2. Inhale and center, exhale and ground. Feel at peace and in stillness.
3. Now, out in front of your closed eyes, visualize a rose. It can be any shape, any color. This rose has a magnetic quality to it. Energies of a particular vibration are naturally attracted to the rose. You don’t have to do anything; the rose will do all the work.
4. Imbue the rose with the intent that it will attract any victim energy that’s hanging around in your body, your mind, and your spirit. That’s all you have to do; ask the magnetized rose to draw your story to it.
5. Now watch as streams of energy begin to leave your body and head into the rose. You don’t have to do anything except watch. The rose is so powerful that it’s pulling all thoughts of “I can’t”, “They expect me to do it this way”, “Why do bad things happen to me” and “I’m not in control” out of your body. Intend for all thoughts of being the victim and not in control of your destiny to leave your body and head into the rose.
6. Watch as the rose fills up with the different streams of energy. When the rose is full, and the streams have ceased, then blow up the rose! Watch as it explodes into tiny particles of dust and disappears in front of your closed eyes.
7. Now, before you come out of meditation, you’ll want to fill in the gaps with energies that are in alignment with who you are right now. To do this, visualize a Golden Sun above your head. Ask for this Golden Sun to fill in with energies that are more in alignment with your true nature. Fill the Golden Sun with the energies of peace, self-worth, and permission to be you. Let those energies infuse the Golden Sun and watch it grow. When you’re ready, pop the Golden Sun and feel all those warm, validating energies flood into the crown of your head and then cascade throughout your body.
8. Sit with all this incredible energy for a moment, and then check to see if you feel different. Maybe you feel a little more in control of your feelings. Maybe you are a little less angry, or put upon. The rose has done its work by removing all those victim type energies from your body.
9. Now come out of meditation and stretch your body.
It’s hard to live a life full of inner contentment and peace if your second chakra is full of victim energy. So blow some roses and move into the most joy-filled energies of accepting life as it is, and going with the flow.
Thanks for reading, and if this post resonated with you, please share it on your favorite social networks. Every share, like or tweet helps me reach more people who crave support in living a life full of joy and inner peace. So glad you’re here! If you want to learn more about chakras, joy and inner peace, you might be interested in Tame Your Inner Critic, Find Peace & Contentment to Live Your Life on Purpose –