Our grounding cord drains foreign and negative energies out of our system, returning them to Mother Earth. The Golden Sun tool helps us integrate, bringing our own our life force back into our body, fueling our passions, our dreams, and allowing us to manifest the life that we are meant to live. Most people are using their spiritual energy, their life force, to keep their bodies running. It’s difficult to fuel your dreams if your body is expending most of your life energy just to get through your hectic day.
I would like to introduce you to two other energies, earth energy and cosmic energy. You may call upon these at any time to act as your body’s fuel, allowing your life force to be your soul’s fuel, thereby bringing your dreams and desires into reality. Earth and cosmic energies are neutral—free of foreign energy—and available to everyone in unlimited supply. By introducing these two energies into your body, they will do the work of fueling your bodily systems, leaving your life force, your chi, free to fuel your passions, your dreams, and your manifestations. Many cultures around the world draw upon the earth for nourishment and the heavens for inspiration. Follow along in meditation as I explain how to employ these two neutral energies.
Exercise: Mother Earth and Father Sky Meditation
- Sit in a comfortable chair, with your feet flat on the floor and your eyes closed.
- Take a couple of deep breaths and move your awareness to the center of your head. Be in your inner stillness, your special meditative place, between your ears, behind your eyes, in the seat of your intuition. Be there now.
- From this space of internal awareness, look down at your grounding cord. If it looks tattered or worn out, release it from around your hips, and see it fall to the center of the earth. Now imagine a brand-new grounding cord. See it out in front of you, strong and wide. Fasten this grounding cord around your lower body. Feel the anchor drop to the center of the earth and feel it sink into the core. Feel an upward tug, letting you know that your grounding cord is anchored securely into the center of the planet.
- Now imagine your aura around you, feel it emanating about eighteen inches out from your body and extending below your feet. Feel its ovoid shape and see it fused to your grounding cord, making an airtight seal. Feel your aura release into your grounding cord and imagine that suction carrying a wisp of someone else’s thought back down to the center of the earth. Feel yourself sink into your chair just a little bit more.
- Breathe. Feel relaxed and centered. You are grounded to the earth, sitting in your own aura, your own space. Claim the space from the outer edges of your aura all the way into the interior reaches of your body as your own. This is your space. You are the master of your own universe and you get to be in charge here. If you want to add a color to your aura, do so now. Maybe you want to be surrounded by pink, sky blue, or joy; you decide.
- Keeping your eyes closed, bring your attention to the soles of your feet. Intend for some earth energy to come up from the core of the planet and enter the soles of your feet. Visualize the earth energy entering your feet and moving up your legs, to your knees, and then up to your thighs. Feel the energy surge through your legs and enter the front of your first chakra right at the pubic mound. Feel the energy course through your first chakra and waterfall down the back of that chakra, into your grounding cord, returning to the center of the earth. Choose a color or a vibration for your earth energy. Maybe you want to feel the energy of pink or dusty orange. Maybe lime green earth energy is more in tune with your system right now. You get to choose.
- Sit with this energy for a moment. Feel it coming up through your soles, your ankles, swooshing around in your knees, traveling up your thighs, and then entering your first chakra. Feel it traveling through your first chakra and cascading out the back. This is a circuit of energy, coming up from the center of the earth, moving through the lower portion of your body, and then falling down your grounding cord to return to Mother Earth.
- When this energy is running smoothly, you are ready to add some cosmic energy to the mix. Throughout history we have turned our gaze to the heavens for inspiration. We reach for the stars, reach our outstretched arms above our heads as we seek our connection to All That There Is. Some call this Father Sky energy, others use “cosmic energy,” “etheric energy,” or “Heavenly Blessings.” The name is not as important as the function. As humans it’s important to be connected to both the earth below us and the cosmos above us. We are spiritual beings residing in a physical body. By bringing in some cosmic energy we are balancing our soul’s yearning to be connected to All That There Is with our physical body’s desire to be rooted firmly to the earth.
- Imagine reaching above your head and pulling down some cosmic energy, allowing it to enter your seventh chakra at the back of your head. This energy is lighter than the earth’s energy, but it too is neutral and of unlimited supply. Think of a color that you would you like to try. Maybe you want to see what dusty-rose or sky-blue cosmic energy feels like. Maybe you feel adventurous and decide to pick a translucent mixture of orange, green, and purple. Whatever color you choose, intend for the cosmic energy to enter at the back of your crown chakra, travel down your neck, continue down your shoulders, your back, and enter your first chakra at the base of your spine. Feel the energy give you a back massage as it travels from the top of your head and down your back to your first chakra.
- Notice how both your earth and cosmic energies are mixing in your first chakra. The earth energy is coming in the front, and the cosmic energy is coming in from the back. They meet and mix together. This mixture travels out the front of the first chakra and up the front of your body. Feel it move up through your belly, your heart, your throat, your face. When it reaches your crown chakra, the mixture then shoots out the top of your head, swirling down through your aura until it meets your grounding cord. Feel that energy as it makes the loop from the top of your body down your back, up your torso, out the top of your head.
- Notice that some of the mixture has also flowed from your throat, down your arms, and out through your palms. The arm channels are your creative channels, and the energy that is pulsing like miniature whale spouts from your palms is your creative force.
- Become aware of these energies as they run through your body. Imagine them fueling your body. Feel this energy as it revitalizes you. Bring your awareness to being a part of the earth and a part of the cosmos. You are One With All, with your soul and body in balance and harmony.
- Know that once you have turned this energy on, it will continue to run, supplying you with fresh fuel for the entire day.
- Sit in this incredible energy field for another moment or two.
- When you are ready, open your eyes, stand up, and stretch. Know that your grounding cord is still in place, your aura bubble is still around you, and that your earth and cosmic energies are still running.
As you run earth and cosmic energy throughout your system, intend for it to clear the way so that your own thoughts and feelings, your life force, can infuse each of your chakras. Be balanced and in harmony with the heavens and the earth.