This month we are working with the energy of manifesting. Bringing our dream life, the one full of meaning, purpose, joy and prosperity, into form. We’ve been working with our Be, Do Have list, that list of things we want to do, places we want to go and feeling states we want to be. We understand that we are manifesting our life every day, consciously or unconsciously, by way of the thoughts, feelings and energies, we transmit to the world.
We’ve worked our havingness space, our ability to claim our wants and desires from a place of abundance not lack. We understand the dichotomy of havingness, being content with where we are in life, while at the same time wanting more. We are not striving, craving or scratching after things. We are calling them to us from a feeling-state of abundance and contentedness. Our hands are not grasping after, they are cupped waiting to receive. From this state of accepting our lives as they are, we are ready to ask for more.
So what do you want? Can you see it, hear it, taste it? Are you in a state of quiet gratitude for all that you already have? Are you accepting of all parts of your life, at the same time ready to take a step into something more? Well – let’s get started!
Bring to mind something from your Be, Do, Have list. Pick something that’s a little bit outrageous. As an example, let’s say that one of the items on your list is to move into a bigger home. When you think that thought, you envision a home that’s one step above your current living situation. My suggestion for this exercise is that you stretch a little, think bigger, and choose to envision the home of your dreams.
I’ve adapted this exercise from two very different sources, Esther and Jerry Hicks, The Teachings of Abraham: Getting Into the Vortex, Guided Meditations CD and User Guide (Hay House, Inc. 2010) and Boulder Psychic Institute’s Avatar class on Money and Manifesting. I have taken a little from each and combined them into an exercise designed to move you up the ladder of havingness.
Exercise: Removing Wanter’s Block:
This exercise will shift your want from your current state of havingness to a higher state of havingness, clearing any blocks along the way. We will use the image of a ladder with twelve rungs. Each rung will represent a statement that moves you closer to your desire and removes any wanter’s block from having your new state of havingness.
- Pick an item from your list of twenty things you want to Be, Do or Have. Let’s say that you want to spend your winters on the island of Maui in a home of your own. You know that this is something that would bring you joy and also something that is in alignment with your authenticity. But, when you think that thought, alarm bells sounded throughout your body and aura, as if to say, “That’s too big a want, I can’t do that.” This is not just any move to a bigger home, this is out of your current realm of comfort. You have “wanter’s block.” Your want is bigger than your current state of havingness.
- The first step is to identify what you want. In this example, you want to live in Hawaii during the winter. In your journal draw a circle at the top of the page. In this circle write the words, “I spend my winters in my home on Maui.” That is your focus. Write your sentence in the present tense to bring it into your current state of havingness. You will work your way up the ladder of havingness, setting your vibration at higher and higher levels, until you reach the top rung on your ladder. At that point you will be able to “have” the statement, “I spend my winters in my home on Maui.”
- Now, in your journal draw a picture of a ladder, and number each rung one through twelve, starting with one at the bottom of the page and twelve at the top. You will come up with twelve statements, each a baby step closer in havingness to the wanted desire, “I spend my winters in Maui.”
- On the bottom rung of your ladder, find one statement that fits within your current level of havingness. Let’s say that statement is “Hawaii winter weather is warm and gentle.” You feel comfortable with that statement. Write that statement on the bottom, Line 1.
- Move up one line and write out another statement that moves you a little bit closer to the statement at the top of your page. This time, the statement, “There are many ways to spend winters on Maui,” seems about right. It’s comfortable; you can “have” that statement, and it’s a baby step closer to your goal.
- Keep moving up the rungs of your havingness ladder. Maybe your next phrase is “Many ordinary people have second homes in Hawaii,” and the following phrase is “Lots of people rent out their homes when they are not on the island, bringing in some extra money to defray expenses.”
- Then another statement might be “There are condos for sale on Maui right now that are close to my price range.” Yet another is “I know that my limiting thoughts can be cleared away,” which is followed by “I am increasing my havingness space just by doing this exercise.”
- The next statement says, “It will be exciting to watch the Universe bring me my winter home in Hawaii,” then another is, “I don’t have to buy a place, I could just rent one, or maybe do a home exchange.” Line 10 might be: “It might be possible to rent out my home on the mainland while I’m in Hawaii.”
- Line 11 might be: “It is possible for me to spend my winters in Hawaii.” And then finally, Line 12 says, “I can have this. I feel it’s possible. I don’t have to know how just yet. This is about removing the blocks to having my Maui home, so Universe, bring it on.”
- Finding the first statement is usually easy, but somewhere in the middle of the process, you might find that it’s hard moving forward. Pause for a moment and acknowledge whose voice is in your head. Visualize a rose, call all the shoulds of your parents or your neighbors into the rose, and then blow up that rose. Use your tools to calm your inner critic and move forward.
- Or, instead of blowing a rose, you could just pause and quietly acknowledge your inner critic’s need to be heard. Whatever tool works for you, use it. Then move on.
- Continue climbing higher and higher on your havingness ladder. Each time you move up a step, you are increasing your vibration around having your statement. You’ll notice an increased level of excitement and believability as you find new statements. You may even notice a shift in your body as the wanter’s block releases.
- When you’ve finished, compare how you felt when you started to the way you feel at the end. You don’t need to know how you will manifest this winter home in Hawaii, you simply must be able to “have” it.
The dichotomy of havingness is being content with your current life while wanting something better. You are neither grasping nor striving. You are in a state of expectancy. Your hands are cupped, waiting to receive. In this state of quiet anticipation you are in the vibration of havingness.
If you want more information on some of the tools mentioned in this blog post then Join Us in learning more and delving deeper. In addition to blogging, twice a month I send out exclusive information in the newsletter about how to grow your intuition and live an authentic life. We delve into the month’s topic in a deeper way and I always include a special mediation designed around the topic at hand. Find your own true path to a life of prosperity and abundance.